Do people who prefer chocolate donuts also excel at multi-tasking? Are the best managers keen to share their sweets? The only way to surface this important data is to take the Federal Donuts Work Survey! Everyone who answers will be entered to win a Donuts & Coffee breakfast at your workplace. Click the jump for the Official Rules.
Official Rules for Federal Donuts Catered Donut Giveaway
No Purchase Necessary to enter or win.
A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Federal Donuts Catered Lunch Giveaway (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, (b) are at least eighteen (18) years of age and (c) have a Twitter account or (d) a valid e-mail addresss. Employees of Federal Donuts. (“Sponsor”) or other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (including any advertising and promotion agencies), and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter. Individuals who are employed by any local, state or federal government office or agency, elected officials and individuals listed on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) List are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Federal Donuts of Philadelphia, PA (“Sponsor”). Twitter is not affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant indicates his/her full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will begin on July 1, 2014 and will be open from 9 AM on July 1 through 5 PM on July 14th, 2014.
Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: If you don’t already follow Federal Donuts on Twitter, visit
https://twitter.com/FederalDonuts and click on the icon to follow Federal Donuts. To enter, your Twitter profile must be set to ‘public.’ Once you have signed up to follow Federal Donuts, to enter, read the official Sweepstakes tweet and take the survey at http://goo.gl/tLKKLZ.
Limit one (1) entry per person/Twitter account per Entry Period. Entries in excess of the stated limitation will be void. Sponsor reserves the right to require and/or request additional personal information to validate eligibility of any and all applicants. If you complete the entry process via your wireless phone and/or receive updates from Twitter via SMS from your wireless phone, your wireless service provider may charge you for additional data. Please consult your wireless service provider for more information. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges wireless service provider may charge entrant. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, may void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any automated system to enter or subvert the entry process the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
6. Winner Selection: Following the conclusion of the survey entry period, Sponsor will randomly select 1 potential winner from among all eligible entries received for that Entry Period (for a total of 1 winner for the entire Sweepstakes Period). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each applicable Entry Period drawing. Non-winning entries from one drawing will not be included in subsequent drawings.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winners will be announced by July 15th following the Sweepstakes Entry Period. An individual is not deemed a winner unless and until he/she has complied with these Official Rules regardless of whether he/she has been announced as a winner on Twitter or in any other forum. The Sponsor will also send the potential winner a message from @FederalDonuts to the potential winner’s Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. In order to receive a message from Sponsor, Entrant must (a) be following @FederalDonuts and (b) have his or her account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.” If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, is employed by a local, state or federal government office or agency, is an elected official, is listed on the OFAC Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (SDN) List, or prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits the prize. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”). If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries received, if time permits. By participating, each winner, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to announce his/her name on Twitter as the winner and to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
8. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARVs”) ($200) : Winner will
receive a catered donut breakfast and coffee — value of prize around $200. Terms and conditions apply. Catered breakfasts will be sent to the address the winners provide. Winner must be resident of Philadelphia. Sponsor reserves the right to not award all prizes for any Entry Period if, in its sole discretion, an insufficient number of eligible entries are received for that Entry Period. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winners may not request cash or other substitution; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/Twitter account/business for the entire Sweepstakes.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) in the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to by fraud, virus, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem. If terminated, Sponsor may, at its discretion, award the prizes for the Entry Period(s) at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received for such Entry Period(s) up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled tweets or messages; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the sending and/or processing of tweets, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees or other legal costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: This Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Entrants hereby agree that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action, or controversies (“Claims”) arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be resolved, upon the election by entrant or Sponsor, by arbitration pursuant to this provision and the code of procedures of either the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) or the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as selected by the entrant. In addition to JAMS or AAA, Claims may be referred to any other arbitration organization that is mutually agreed upon in writing by entrant and Sponsor, or to an arbitration organization or arbitrator(s) appointed pursuant to Section 5 of the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Sections 1-16, provided that any such arbitration organization and arbitrator(s) will enforce the terms of the restrictions on arbitration provision set forth below. IF ARBITRATION IS CHOSEN BY ANY PARTY WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE THAT CLAIM IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON THAT CLAIM. FURTHER, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ENTRANT WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED, OR AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH BELOW, THE ARBITRATOR’S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. NOTE THAT OTHER RIGHTS THAT ENTRANT WOULD HAVE IF ENTRANT WENT TO COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. The arbitrator’s authority to resolve Claims is limited to Claims between Sponsor and entrant alone, and the arbitrator’s authority to make awards is limited to awards to Sponsor and entrant alone. Furthermore, claims brought by either party against the other may not be joined or consolidated in arbitration with Claims brought by or against any third party, unless agreed to in writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Official Rules and without waiving either party’s right to appeal such decision, should any portion of this provision be deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the entire provision (other than this sentence) shall not apply.
12. Winners List: For the names of the winners, check @FederalDonuts Twitter account available July 15th, 2014.